Terms and conditions – Wedding Car Hire
MET Wedding Cars Limited ('the Company') agrees to hire to the customer ('the customer') the vehicle(s) upon the following terms and conditions: -
1.1 Wedding car bookings will require a non refundable deposit of £50 per car for hires up to the value of £800 and a minimum of £250 deposit for hires over £800. The balance is payable in full, 2 months before the wedding date (unless otherwise agreed between customer and company and at full discretion of the company). The Company will issue a receipt and detailed confirmation of the hire upon request; otherwise an email confirmation will be issued. The customer is responsible for checking the details contained in the confirmation and for bringing any errors to the immediate attention of the Company.
1.2 Subject to clause 2 below, the hire charge is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where the Company, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the hire.
2. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, cancellation charges shall be as follows: -
2.1 Cancellation after booking - deposit is non refundable
2.2 Cancellation within 2 months of hire after payment of balance - non-refundable but the Company, at its absolute discretion, may permit all or part of such monies as shall have been paid to it by the customer in respect of the cancelled period of hire to be applied to a future hire from the company, or refunded under certain circumstances, only if agreed by the company.
2.3 If the customer does not appear at the time and place designated as the pickup point, all monies paid will be non-refundable.
3. Force Majeure - The company will use reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the hire and that it reaches its destination on time. The company will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes or circumstances beyond its control. Instances of this include road closures, road accidents, Police incidents, weather conditions, vehicle breakdowns (MET Wedding Cars Limited will endeavour to maintain and service its vehicles as per manufacturer recommendations) - this list is not exhaustive.
4. Vehicles – in the unlikely event of a vehicle becoming unusable prior to, or during a booking,
MET Wedding Cars Limited will where possible arrange an alternative replacement vehicle. For unique vehicles eg. Beauford, a saloon car may be utilised as a replacement. For saloon cars or people carriers, a similar vehicle will be utilised. The company cannot however be held responsible for unexpected breakdowns or incidents out with their control.
4.1 In the event that one or more of our vehicles are requested to work alongside another firms vehicle/s, this must be approved by ourselves prior to a booking being confirmed and will only be permitted at the companies' discretion. If a booking is made for a vehicle or vehicles from MET Wedding Cars Limited and further vehicle or vehicles are booked via another firm without our knowledge, MET Wedding Cars Limited reserve the right to cancel the booking.
5. Unless instructed otherwise by the customer, the Chauffeur will follow the route considered the most appropriate on the day of travel.
6.1 Vehicles are insured for passenger and third party claims, as required by law. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers' personal property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage thereto. Customers are therefore advised to ensure that they carry adequate and relevant travel insurance.
6.2 We will carry luggage and other personal effects at the company's discretion and in any event the customer must tell us before the hire if they have a special request for extra luggage, which may or may not be accommodated. Please ask for details. MET Wedding Cars Limited will not incur any liability to any damage or loss caused to any luggage whatsoever.
7. The Company reserves the right (and delegates to its Chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry in any of its vehicles any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the Chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s). The Company will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse directed to its Chauffeurs or other staff, and will pursue the authorities for prosecution if necessary.
8. MET Wedding Cars Limited maintains a strict non-smoking policy in all its vehicles.
9. Clients are responsible for any damage they cause to the interior and or exterior of a vehicle on hire to them, and will be billed accordingly for any repair or valeting required in order to reinstating the vehicle to its condition before hire. The chauffeur will show the hirer and confirm the vehicle interior/exterior, and its current state at the time of hire arrival if asked.
10. We may provide subcontracted vehicles occasionally. These vehicles will be of a similar specification to the one booked. We also reserve the right to change your vehicle or chauffeur at any time if necessary, again the vehicle will be of a similar specification to the one booked unless agreed otherwise with the client.
11. If there are any changes or variations including extra mileage to the journeys other than what was agreed at the time of booking, the client will be charged extras in accordance with the company pricing structure, please ask for details. Normally we charge £40 per hour for every extra hour over and beyond the original duration agreed at the time of booking. Your booking may also be subject to additional waiting time, car park charges and congestion charging as discussed during your quotation or journey if applicable.
12. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions affect the Client's' statutory rights.